Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the hunt prices?
- $250 Drive in with a 4 bird limit
- $365 Overnight with a 4 bird limit
2. Can I shoot more than 4 birds?
- Yes, each additional bird is $35
3. What's included in the price?
- Drive in--- Breakfast following the hunt
- Overnight--- Hearty Dinner, Accommodation, and Breakfast following the hunt
4. What time do I arrive?
- Drive in-- 1 hour before sunrise
- Overnight-- 3 pm check in and 7 pm dinner
5. Can I come and watch (not hunt)?
- Drive in without shooting - $100 with breakfast
- Overnight without shooting - $200 with accommodations, dinner and breakfast
6. What do I need to submit before the hunt?
- Signed Release of Liability form
- Signed Hunting Rules form
- MS Hunting License or Preserve Shooting licenses if over 16 years old
7. What do I need to bring?
- Completed forms & permit
- Ammunition--one box of 25 #5 or smaller. #2/#4 preferred. NO lead shot
- Waders or hip boots
- A cooler to carry your ducks home
- Your retriever (optional)
8. What does a Preserve shooting license cost?
- $15.00 plus $1.35 processing fee total $16.35
9. Where do I purchase a preserve license?
Online - https://www.ms.gov/mdwfp/hunting_fishing/ Our permit is NR 151.
- Or 601.432.2055
10. Do I need a federal stamp?
- No, you do not need a federal or state stamp
11. When are the hunts?
- Tuesday mornings and Saturday mornings. Special group hunt dates are available
12. When are the hunt forms due?
- Your forms may be scanned and emailed in to us. They are due by Saturday for a Tuesday hunt and by Thursday for a Saturday hunt.
13. How many total hunters will there be per hunt?
- 18 is the maximum number
14. Do I have to hunt in a group?
15. What type of hunting can I expect?
- Timber and field holes. We have two blinds that are accessible with just muck boots
16. Will there be other hunters in my blind?
- No, if your group is 4 or more.
17. How many blinds do you have?
18. How many hunters will be in each blind?
- Maximum of 6 hunters in each blind.
19. Who cleans the ducks?
There is a cleaning station available. With advance notice, we can arrange for someone to be present after the hunt to clean birds for $4 per bird.
20. What are the overnight accommodations like?
- There are 7 bedrooms & 5 bathrooms in the Farmhouse that accommodate up to 27 people. The cottage sleeps up to 2 people in 1 queen bed. Click here for photos of both houses.