When will my reservation be confirmed? Your reservation will be confirmed when we receive your contract and your non-refundable 50% deposit.
Where do I mail the signed contract and deposit check? Mail your signed contract and 50% deposit check to 2867 Hwy 309 North, Byhalia, MS 38611 or you can make an appointment to drop it off.
When is the final payment due? The final payment and the $500 damage deposit are 30 days before the event.
When may I have access to the building on the day of my rental? You may have access to the building at 8 am on the day of your rental.
Are tables, chairs, and linens included in the price? We provide eighteen 6 ft plastic tables, but no linens or chairs. We do have rental companies that we can refer you to in the local area.
When is my damage deposit returned? If there is no damage from your event, your $500 damage deposit will be returned within two weeks after the event.
At what time of the day must the building be vacated on the day of my rental? The building must be vacated at 12:00 am on the night of your function.
What are the decorating restrictions? No glitter, painting on surfaces, or using a staple gun to hang items is allowed. In addition, no open flames are allowed (candles must be in a container).
What clean-up is required?
- all food must be removed from the barn
- all decorations including floral must be removed from the barn
- all trash placed in the designated area
- dismantle all rental items and place them in one area for easy pick-up
- kitchen and bar area cleaned up
- mop floors in kitchen and bar
- pick up large debris off of the floors
- remove all personal items
- Which catering company may I use? At Mallard's Croft, we do not require a specific catering company. You may bring in any catering company of your choice, but must submit a copy of their certification to us a week before the event.
- Is there an outdoor area where a caterer may grill? Our prep kitchen has a cooking patio where a grill may be brought in by the caterer.
- What is included in the prep kitchen? Stove, refrigerator, 3 bay sink, microwave, & counters are included in the prep kitchens.
- Is there a place for the Bride and Bridesmaids to dress? Mallard's Croft has a wonderful cottage for the Bride and Bridesmaids to get dressed and prepare for the big day.
- Is there a place for an outdoor spot for ceremonies? Yes
- When do I have to have decorations removed from the building? The decorations must be removed from the building the night of the event.
Transportation and Parking
- How many cars will fit in the parking area? More than 200 cars
Is there a spot for valet parking? If needed for your event, the porte-cochère at the Mallard's Croft's main entrance is the perfect place for valet parking.
Are the Farmhouse and Cottage available for overnight stays? Yes. There are 7 bedrooms & 5 bathrooms in the Farmhouse that accommodate up to 27 people. The cottage sleeps up to 2 people in 1 queen bed. These two houses may be rented prior to, during, or after a wedding. Click here for rates & photos of both houses.
How much does it cost to rent the Farmhouse or Cottage? Click here for rates & photos.